Thursday, December 13, 2007




















Ignaz Schick
Dawid Szczesny
The View Underneath
Non Visual Objects 2007

01. One
02. Two

03. Three
04. Four
05. Five
06. Six

07. Seven
08. Eight

Berlin improviser and avant-turntablist meets Polish sound-artist in a processed, unrelentless wash of electricity. As you may remember, the Non Visual label previously featured Schurer & Steinbrüchel trading files across a multichannel installation; this time their two handsomes have planned a more interactive, simultaneous effort, recording most of the material in Dawid's house. Perhaps a house containing a laboratory, because obviously there's science at work here. Things buzz, crack, glitch about, though with great elegance and focus. Turntables, sinewaves, all manner of unnamed objects, guitars, and a laptop send constant surges of currents down the spine. Great remedy for kidney problems; at least so I've heard. Otherwise, a strong, dense, compact substance, in a constant state of subtle balance. There are probably thousands of records that need headphones, but the sparkling, almost omnipresent flashes of high voltage that peak through these 40 minutes really demand your canals to be isolated. Immersive shiznit, underneath or not.

>> rapid / mfire (54mb) (d-_-b)
>> love it, buy it (Non Visual Objects)

1 comment:

grasprelease said...

Awesome, thanks! I love Schick's approach. I've been planning on posting a couple records by Schick's group Perlonex, plus an earlier solo effort called TABIT, which is totally speaker-shedding; if I can take care of a critical drivespace issue here, it will happen.