Monday, May 07, 2007




















Tim Coster
Rowboat/Blackberry
CLaudia 2006

01. Rowboat
02. Blackberry

A near-perfect 3-inch disc on Coster's own great CLaudia ("Compact Listening audio") imprint, reissued from an earlier lathe-cut 7-inch. Albeit very short - taking less than half of the recording format - and very direct, the two tracks depict a certain mood of maybe solitude, alienation, rather mystical and vivid. Humid soundscapes generated by "field recordings, drones of unidentified origin, crystalline glitches and loops of near-melody", passing almost undetected on a first scan. Shall I use the old cliché: "deceptively simple"? Well let me only stress there is a distinct difference between "easy" and a "casual" listening. And an another difference, made with pure balls. Keep that in mind while plugging in, and see how fast time goes by...

>> fsend / sspace (13mb)
>> love it, buy it (Half/Theory)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've thanked you before and I thank you again for your diligence to this amazing blog....I've found [and bought] so many things I would never have heard of.

THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

me wants more of this