
James Blackshaw
Waking into Sleep - Göteborg, 27.05.06
Kning Disk 2006
01. Sunshrine
02. Celeste I
03. Transient Life in Twilight
04. Spiralling Skeleton Memorial
In a very parallel dimension, James Blackshaw must be a star. There's no way someone as talented as him should go virtually unknown, but yes, I guess we all know how that goes. He's shown abilities far beyond his age ('83 represent!), which led to courtship by important labels (Important, Digitalis, Bo'Weavil) - enough for folks to start taking notice; like the Swedish here, who always seem to have a thing for the exquisite. A live recording then, featuring James, a mic, and a 12-string. The 'ultimate' proof. And frankly, I am lacking words to describe - prolly because unlike other rock-related genres (prog-rock, post-rock, shoegaze, whatever), this is as pure and natural as it gets. No processing, no dramatics, no theatrics, but mind-warping finger-picked riffs blossomed into perfection. "Music to soulwash yourself by", as some say. If you let it drift away, you'll find the harmony in all living things. Just for the record therefore, let me proclaim James Blackshaw as my favourite guitarist alive. In a very parallel dimension and a very undescribable way, he is a true genius.
>> mihd (62mb)
4 comments:
thanks for all these great albums. i have enjoyed many. in reference to great living guitarists, i would also nominate jack rose (of course, there are many) though i like blackshaw also. for some reason when i tried to download this, it wouldn't open. have you heard of any others having problems?
hm, do you mean sendspace or mihd, or both? if the former, it may be because the server doesn't always have free slots. that's why i put an alternate mihd mirror.
about mr. rose: i've heard many great things - will save some time for an audition. :)
I tried both with similar results. It seems to be the only one I've had trouble with, but no big deal. I can try to hunt it down. I can also float you some Jack Rose if you're looking.
already got me some, thanks though. :)
Post a Comment