The Joy of Nature
The Shepherd's Tea
Self-released 2006
01. The Longest and Deepest Sleep...
02. Enchanting Lullaby for Su, the Maiden
03. A Slumber Hangs Upon These Walls
04. The Shepherd and the Lake-Maiden
This half hour concept mini-album is based on (and can be heard as the soundtrack to) the legend of the shepherd and the lake maiden from the 13th century Welsh manuscript, "Meddygon Myddfai". It's the second release from the extremely talented Portuguese multi-instrumentalist Luis Couto, who produces ambient, cinematic atmospherics that range from the haunting (the epic fifteen minute opener) to the romantic (the heartwarming finale and, essentially title track, 'The Shepherd and the Lake-Maiden'). Couto wisely includes the legend in his liner notes (I suggest you read them while listening), so there's no need to spoil the fun here.
-Jeff Penczak
>> mihd (44mb) (d-_-b)-Jeff Penczak
[Better get used to these press quotes, as I won't be able to write much for now. Nothing too dramatic, but I always found some guidelines useful, so instead of posting less, or turning this into a pictorial, I'll select the best/most comprehensive bits online. Maybe that will help, and if not, feel free to get straight to listening.]

No comments:
Post a Comment