Thursday, March 01, 2007




















Hermitude
Tales of the Drift
Elefant Traks 2005

01. You Got Soul
02. Tapedeck Sound
03. Can't Stop
04. Music from the Mind [ft. Blu MC]
05. Nightfall's Messenger
06. Plunge
07. Observation Deck
08. Zacktor
09. Galactic Cadillac
10. Fallen Giants [ft. Urthboy & Ozi Batla]
11. Dubs' Theme
12. Madness in G Minor
13. Ruffwon
14. The Drift
15. Mystical Herm's

Someone has tipped me off about this in the right context, and I'll pass the tip along. Tales of the Drift came out a while ago, but surely many of us missed out, since it's yet another 'Aussie' thing. More downtempo than hip-hop, though mostly hip-hop orientated... Meaning I should probably skip it anyway and get to something less abused, but can't find the necessary strength. Decent music, well produced, smooth, clean, quite electronic and live-sounding rather than sampled loops-based and more fast-paced in parts, preventing any stumblings into boring 'lounge'. Dense, detailed compositions, scratching, several nodders, good to go... Three guest vocals on a couple of tracks (Blu MC's contribution benefits from video) and that briefly sums it up, so if you're drawn by the description, there'll be plenty to revere. Say thanks to Jeej.

>> evil (88mb)
>> love it, buy it (Amazon)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you could up this to another download service? I'm getting a horrible rate off EVIL and I'd really like to hear this...

Anonymous said...

Oh and just generally, this is a really amazing blog that I've learnt a lot from since I found it two weeks ago. Keep up the good work and thanks a lot :)

Anonymous said...

true, amazing blog. You are still surprising me. thanx
btw> do you have more of Anrew Liles? I am looking especially for Black Panther.

doru649 said...

> "Black Panther" isn't out yet (officially), so err nope, can't help you. sure, if i wasn't short on money, i'd have bought me the whole "Vortex Vault" and ripped it, but then, well, where would the charm of waiting someone else's rip be?

>> Gigasize link for Hermitude is on the way..

oh and fer fuxake, give yourselves a name already! :)

Anonymous said...

No worries dudes, it's a good album, glad you enjoyed it. :-)