Wednesday, March 07, 2007




















Mike Tamburo
Dance Enis Dance
Barl Fire 2007

01. Dance Enis Dance [32:17]

A small insert included with the CD has Tamburo writing "I am going deaf. I have had hearing problems my entire life, and more and more each day the ringing gets louder while everything else gets quieter". I suggest you read it first to get the full idea of his frustrations, and the full effect of this amazing record. Ahh, better than amazing, it's flat-out majestic, alternately soft and touching, violent, elating, frightful and dramatic and and... Shit just moves me, vibrating against my ribs, making me forget about all past and future disappointments... Beyond description, it can only be listened, re-listened, enjoyed one and a thousand times, understood one moment to the next. For a quick overlook: 6-string acoustic guitar, amplifier, tibetan bowls, chromatic harmonica, lips, piezo pick-up, ebow, slide, hammered dulcimer, and effects.

>> mihd (76mb)
>> love it, buy it (Barl Fire)

Whoa, just bought me the last copy. Sold out it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'd read about this over at microphones in the trees , well, the bit in English at the bottom at least, Ive been dying to hear it.

Anonymous said...

shocking.... i'm buying this