Tuesday, March 27, 2007




















Riftmusic
Sustain-Release 2007

01. Riftmusic No 1 [19:54]

Iridescent blues. A slow burning late summer fire - its motes carried on the breeze and dancing in the twilight. Restless, tumbling chord arpeggios the colour of fading heather and bracken. Shimmering filaments of acoustic guitar blown over fields of charred violin...

>> mfire (46mb)
>> love it, buy it (Sustain-Release)

New Sustain-Release release, "the first in a series of extended songs published in 8cm CDR format". Got it from the post and ripped it right away, knowing I'd love anything that Richie Skelton touches. Touching music to hear, and especially to visualise. "Iridescent blues"... don't you be waiting for a climax. I can see leafs dancing to this, reveling in their freedom, waiting for the wind to sweep them up. I recognize the hollowness of the moment; I can fill it with sorrow or joyful delirium. Riftmusic gives great choices, to fill & feel. Give it a try. Comes in a beautifully assembled package, with insert, personalised cover band and photograph by Louise Skelton. Also made available: second editions of Harlassen and A Broken Consort, by the same man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Not only for Riftmusic but for all the other Richie Skelton releases. I've never heard about him before yesterday, and I'm so glad that you brought him to my attention. I've been playing these records all day long, constantly, on repeat. Simply beautiful. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

It's fascinating how you manage to get, buy, listen and review all that great borderline music

keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

I want to say thanks too! You're even providing links to purchase the albums now, that's awesome! How do you find the time?

doru649 said...

that's the least i can do to help support the artist. i didn't even buy this particular release - Richie sent it as a gift, but for what it has to give, i would've payed him twice the price. glad some of you enjoy.